AN ENCHANTING TREKKING TRIP TO RAMANAGAR


Hi !!!   I am Akshara 10  years  old. I  am   going to  tell  you  all  my interesting   adventures   I enjoyed with my  family  and  friends.

I  would  like   to  tell  you in the  form  of  a  travel   blog. I  hope  you  like  my enchanting   adventure  in  Ramanagar. (Ramadevara Betta)

View from the Top


It  was  saturday  and  my  winter  holidays  were getting  over.  So, my  father  decided  to  go  trekking  with  me  and  my  mother .  We were surprised by what he said. I  and  my  mother had  so  many  questions  to  be answered.  The first  question  of  all  we  had  in  our minds were  “where  were  we  going???”   My  father  had  no  answer.  I  thought  he  had  a Place  in  mind , but  my  guess  was  wrong. He told my  mother  to  search  a  few  places  she  would Prefer. My  mother  searched  a lot  and  finalised  4 places  by  physical  features and  tourist  attraction.

They were :

•Savandurga  hill
•Nandi  hills
•Ramanagar
•Anthargange 

My  father  decided  to  go  to  Ramanagar  as  its main  physical feature  was  mountain  climbing. I was too excited   to  visit  it. We  had  decided  to  go  to  Ramadevar betta  as  it  was  famous  due to  its  beautiful  sceneries  and  it  had  a temple  of  Sri Ram  dev.

My  mother  bought  a  loaf of  bread, a packet  of  chips , biscuits and  a  box  of  chocolates  for  our  trip  .......

On   sunday ,  24/09/2017, I  woke  up  at  5:30 am  and  my mother  and  father  woke  up  at  4:30am. It  took  us  an hour  to   get  ready  and  have  our breakfast. So, we left our home at 6:30am. We did   not take a train but used our own car. First, we went to   the petrol bunk and  filled  our  tank  so  that  we  do  not  face  any  trouble while  going  or  coming.  It  did  not  take  a  long  time  to reach  there, in  an  hour  we  reached  Ramanagar. It  was very  cold  that  I  could  not  even  have  a nap.   It is just 54km from Bangalore on Mysore Road.

I  enjoyed  the  sceneries I  saw  outside  the window  of  the car. I saw many birds flying and singing merrily in the sky. Journey  to  Ramanagar  was  safe  and I had  a  lot  of  fun  through out our  wonderful  trip …….. 

We reached at 7:30am. When we reached there, we saw a small village near the hills. At the end of the village lied our destination, Ramadevar betta !!!! 

It  was  surrounded  by  many  more  hills  and  the  entrance  was  decorated  by a  large ,  white  gate. My  father  asked  the  watchman  “ when  will  the  entrance  open ?? ‘’,   watchman  said
 “The enterence will open at 9:00am.” but that was very  late !!! We  had  reached  so  early  in  the   morning  at  7:30 am !!  What   will we do in so  much  time !!!  All these   questions ran   in our   mind. We  just   hoped  that  all  our  questions  would  be  answered ………

Between  all  this  confusion ,we  saw  a  few  people  climbing  other  Hills  which  were  located  besides  the   main  peak. Seeing them we decided to climb the other  hills   while   the   gate   opens.

We   parked  our  car   in   the   parking   besides   the   gate   and  We   started   walking   towards   the   village. The   village   was  filled   with   greenery   and   had   a   lake   in   the   side. After we passed   the   village, we   went   on   a   muddy   street   which   led us   to   a    group   of   large   rocks.  When   we   crossed   the   street, We   saw   huge   rocks   which   were   half   of   the   other   peaks. Fences   covered   them   which   made   it   difficult   to   cross   them. My   mother   went   a   little   forward, ahead   of   the   bushes, and found   an   open   way   from   where   we   could   enter.
My father told me that this is the same rock where famous Hindi Movie “Sholey” by Amitabh Bachchan film shooted. 
The rock where Sholey film  shooted



We   took   many   pictures   and   enjoyed   a   lot. Later,  I  felt   very   hungry.  So, we   ate   a   packet  of   biscuits. After   some   time, I  and  my   father   had   a   competition  of   throwing   stones. A   beggar  came   to   us   dad gave him some money he was very happy!   Later, a   man   told   us  that   this   place  is   an   sanctuary!!   and   tourists   are   not allowed !!. Luckily,  we   spent   our   1.5 hours  in   the   sanctuary……     

We   then   came   back   to   the   car   parking   to   see   whether   the gate   of   Ramadevar betta  has   opened   or   not. It   was   already 9:05 , so   we   thought   that   the   gate   would   have   been   opened. When   we   reached   our   car, we  saw   that   the   gate   had   opened.My   father   went   to   the   counter   to   take   buy   tickets. For adults, it   cost   Rs.25  and  it   was   free   for   children   but   it  cost Rs.20  for   the   car.      

We   entered   the   gate   with   a  lot   of   eagerness. We   drove   in   the   car around 200mtrs till   we   reached   the   entrance   to   the   temple   of   Sri   Ram.  There  was   a   car   parking   space where   we   parked   our   car   and   walked   towards  the   entrance. When   we   entered   I   saw   many   steps   which   led   to   the Temple. I   asked   my   mother  “ are   these  the   400   steps ?? .”  My   mother  nodded   which   meant  yes.  So,  we   started   climbing  the   steps. There   were a   few   benches   after   each   100   steps.  I   was   so   very   tired   at   only   100 Steps !   We   took   some   rest   and   later,   we   continued. This   time   I   thought of   counting   the   number   of   steps   I have   stepped   over   and   it   worked !!! The   other   300   steps   I   did   not   feel   tired   at   all.  Instead, my   parents felt   tired   but did not  show  it. Finally, we reached   the top!!! We   had finished    all   the   400   steps  !!!!!!!  

Entrance to Ramadevara Betta -400 steps starts here

We   were   very   glad   that   we   had   finished   climbing   all   the steps. Soon   after   climbing the   final   step, we   saw   the   temple  of   Sri   Ram   surrounded   by   hill   sceneries   and   grasslands. The Temple   was   also   known   as   Pattabhirama   temple.   

We   washed   our   hands   and   legs   before   we   entered   the   temple. To   enter   we   had   to   cross  a   huge   wall   which   had   a   little space   to   enter   and   to   depart. When    we   crossed   the   wall,  we saw   a   lot   of   place   and   in   the   middle   was   the   temple. We entered   the   temple. We took the blessings of  God  Sri Ram  dev.  As   Navaratri   special, they  had Bhajans by  many  people. We saw   a   pond   in front of the temple. We  were   surprised   to   know   that   there   was   another   temple   just besides   this   one. So,  we   decided   to   visit   even   the   second  temple. This   temple‘s   main    God   was   lord   Shiva. It   is   said   that   Sri
Ram   had   prayed   there   many years  ago when he was in exile. Which   was  later built   by Kempe Gowda.  Kempe Gowda   was   the   founder   of   Bangalore....  

Pattabhi Rama Temple -Ramanagara



Pond In front of the Temple
Soon   after   we   finished   visiting   the   temples,  I  was   very   tired.  So, we decided   to   take   rest   on    the   heavy   rocks. As   you   know,  the  scenery was   outstanding!! We   ate   a   packet   of   chips   and   a   few   biscuits.  My  Mother   was   clicking   photographs   of   me   and   the   scenery. There,  we saw   an   orange  steep   hill   besides   us. Later, we   came   down and   wore   our   shoes.  Near   the   first   temple, my   mother   spotted a   few   steps   which   led   to   another   hill peak.  We   had   a   lot   of   time. so, we   started   climbing.



We   saw   sceneries   and   many   more   things. To  reach   the   top, we   had   to   do   rock   climbing. It   had   steps   framed   on the   rock. It   was   so   scary!!  But   I   took   courage   and   started   climbing. My   mother   went   first. then   me, and   then   my   father. After   a   while, we   had   reached   the   top.

I am on steep steps to Peak Point




I   didn't  have   any   words   for   the   scenery. wowww ! It was worth the pain what we took to climb the rock. It is surrounded by many rock hills. We could see the city as well! Wonderful experience at the top of the rock. We sat there for an hour and enjoyed the view. Many people got scared to climb the rock and they missed the beautiful view.

You could see 7 hills from the peak 
Huge Rock Hill Opposite to the peak. view
View on the peak

Ramadevara Betta-Amazing view from the top
 I   had   an   awesome   feeling!  I   thought   it   was   going   to   be   a tough   job   to   get  down, but   instead, it   was   more   easier  than   climbing.  After   getting   down,  I  was   proud   of   myself as it was my first trekking!

Soon, we   got   down    Ramadevar betta   and   thanked   the   people. By the time we reached parking it was just 11:40am we decided to go home for lunch. We drove back to Bangalore and reached home around 1:30pm thanked God for safe return. It was amazing trip I cherished every moment.  This was my first trekking trip I hope you liked my blog. I am looking for the next one , I will share my experience soon.

 Farewell   till   the  next   adventure.


 Bye !!!!!!!!! 

Akashara AV Bhat

Useful Info:
 Distance from Bangalore - Ramanagar-55km
Timings - Gate opens at 9.00 am to 5 pm
Entry Fees, Per adult -25,
Car Parking  Rs 20
 View on the peak is amazing
Time required to cover : 2 to 3 hours
Preferred timing is :Morning

Difficulty level : Moderate
Steps to reach temple :Around 400 steps
Things to take , Water Bottle, Snacks, (there is no hotel or eateries nearby )

Things to avoid:
Heavy bags
Cation :Steps in the peak is little scary and bit risky on the way to peak be careful.

Good Luck




Comments

  1. Awesome start Akshara.. ☺ keep blogging.. �� All d best sweetie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Story teller .. Good Luck my little angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Akshara! Thoughtful gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Akshara.very well written congrats looking forward to your next blog.god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ಮಸ್ತ್...ಸೂಪರ್.. Keep writing.love u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ಮಸ್ತ್...ಸೂಪರ್.. Keep writing.love u..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice trekking story akshara. So beautifully u explained your experience . keep writing..good luck putta

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Akshara...keep writing..all the best..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Akshara..nerrating is too good at your age. Go on...Best of luck💐💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I appreciate it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONE DAY DELIGHTFUL TRIP TO LAPAKSHI, VIDURASHWATH AND GHATI SUBRAMANYA

My one day trek to Shivagange Hills | Perfect day trip from Bangalore